Server Memory Performance Architect
Looking for a Fun, Challenging and Rewarding role at Intel? Come and join us! The XEON Performance Architecture (XPA) team is looking for a Memory Performance Architect to join their team. This team works hand in hand with our design, validation, and architecture teams to deliver best-in-class performance and innovations across the XEON CPU portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience in computer architecture, software engineering, and performance analysis.
As a Memory Performance Architect, you will help define and drive critical performance features for industry and customer leadership at both the architectural and micro-architectural levels. Additionally, you will work in a dynamic team environment, influencing and driving solutions for not just one XEON product, but across the entire road-map of current and future datacenter CPUs.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Memory subsystem performance modeling, studies, and analysis.
- Understanding server memory subsystem usage models and key performance indicators.
- Defining, planning, and scoping the performance modeling, studies, and analysis work.
- Distilling architectural and micro-architectural information down to the performance-important factors.
- Supporting architecture, design, and validation efforts throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Conducting forward looking research and development for next generation server memory subsystems.
- Developing analytical and simulation models, creating analysis tools, identifying bottlenecks, and presenting results.
- Inventing and modeling features that solve key problems and improve performance, power, area, and cost.
- Working with software and other enabling teams to continuously improve performance modeling infrastructure.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Strong problem solving, debugging, multi-tasking, and brainstorming skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas into well-articulated and easy-to-understand messages.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum required qualifications and are considered an additional factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's with 4+ years' experience, Master's with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years' experience and degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and your experience should be in the following areas:
- Computer architecture, simulation-based performance modeling, and performance analysis, above and beyond standard academic computer architecture coursework
- Software engineering skills such as Linux, C++, GIT, GDB, and Python.
Preferred Skills and Experience that will make you stand out:
Experience with the following:
- Internal and external customer engagements.
- CPU architecture and microarchitecture, esp. related to technologies like DDR DRAM, HBM DRAM, and/or Intel Optane.
- Server platforms, esp. related to workloads, usage models, board/chassis architecture, and deployment.
- Developing, debugging, and using complex simulation models written in C++.
- With software engineering practices including test driven development, tracking code coverage, and JIRA task management.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0141554 Hillsboro Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software
Back to top