Senior System Validation Engineer - Memory
- Austin, TX
We are the Xeon Server CPU validation team enables future generations of CPUs that power Cloud, Enterprise, and Data Center. Functional validation teams are organized around key technologies which include Memory (Intel Optane, DDR), IO (PCI-E, UPI), Power Management, RAS, Security, Virtualization and Coherency.
We are looking for a senior technical engineer to join our Xeon Server Memory Post Silicon validation team. As a memory validation lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Creates, defines, and develops system validation environment and test suites
- Defines validation strategy for new memory technologies, new server products and memory subsystem features
- Uses and applies emulation and platform level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec
- Responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures
- Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on die debug features
- Requires understanding of DRAM/memory controller architecture and working knowledge of the post-silicon validation tools
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 9+ years of experience -OR- a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 6+ years of experience in:
- Post Silicon
- DRAM/Memory Controller, Understanding of DDR technologies such as DDR2/3/45, JEDEC standards
- Python Scripting & C Programming
- Debug skills and willingness to solve complex problems
- Linux OS, Windows OS
- Design, verification or validation disciplines, system/platform level debug and root cause isolation, methodology, and tools
- Collaboration with cross-functional HW and SW team to solve complex issues and improve efficiency
- CPU Micro-architecture experience
- Experience in Microprocessor validation
- Working experience of Logic or Protocol Analyzer equipment
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0142749 Austin
Back to top