Senior Software Engineer
The Platform Software Engineering (PSE) delivers software and solutions for key IPs and platforms as well as complex subsystems for IO, power delivery, media, security, and communications domains by partnering with SOC/IP teams and business units across Intel. The organization is comprised of passionate, energetic, and self-driven software engineers and leaders who contribute to the design, development, implementation and debug of new features and functionality in the Microsoft Systems and Technology. We work closely with engineering and design leads from the product groups at Intel and Microsoft to define and enable technologies for the next generation devices and Intel SOC's on the Windows* OS. If you want to make an impact on Intel's future products, then come join us in the PSE team!
We are looking for a self-driven co-engineering integration leader to define and drive broad co-engineering strategies along with Microsoft technical leads that define plans and direct activities of Intel's onsite engineering team. This integration lead will work across organizational boundaries within Intel and with Microsoft's feature development teams and business units to enable state-of-the-art features that require a strong OS and silicon partnership to deliver. This person will analyze multiple scenarios and features being requested by business unit imperatives and platforms and determine overall development enabling and integration plans, including feature definition and decomposition, and determination of the best hardware platform and IPs to use.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing driver code for Windows, co-engineering with Microsoft to drive compliance and optimization.
- Leading co-engineering integration & test planning, execution & delivery. This includes creating holistic integration plans, including which platforms will be used for feature development, which driver and OS teams need to come together to deliver an integrated capability, and how to test the functionality and performance of the new capabilities.
- Developing strategies to reduce the cost of new feature development for Intel by investing in automation and leveraging Microsoft's onsite systems to move system integration and testing upstream.
- Define and drive methodology changes in Intel's software integration & test tools, processes across build, test and deployment for all product segments.
- Communicating and influencing at multiple levels of management on strategy, project status with technical details. One Voice communication for all aspects of the program, both engineering and business related.
- Stakeholder management cross Intel/MSFT to ensure all stakeholders understand the vision/goals, program status, and risks.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences:
-MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or a related field or a BS with 8 years of applicable experience).
-8 years program of engineering management experience with at least 3 years in a customer facing role. A deep understanding of Intel and Microsoft product lifecycle and business experience is highly desired.
-5 years of experience in Windows internals, build, and integration.
-5 years of communicating with, and influencing senior management on business & technical decisions.
-Knowledge of test automation framework on Windows along with the knowledge of scripts used in automation i.e. Python.
-Knowledge of Performance profiling tools like VTune & Windows performance profilers
-Windows driver debugging with WinDbg
-Must be able to digest large amounts of ambiguous data, information and derive succinct messaging and collateral that is specific to the target audience.
-Must be a forward thinker to continuously innovate and drive Intel/MSFT-wide improvements; must be able to influence people towards that vision.
-Experience with Consumer Electronics/Internet of Things (IOT) systems, preferably Windows 10 One Core, Windows Mobile, or Windows CE.
-Strong background and experience in C/C , Windows WDDM driver development.
-Must have strong matrix management skills to lead customers, vendors and achieve desired goals.
-Ability to debug features on the end-to-end stack.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team.
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0111010 Seattle
Back to top