Senior Software Development Engineer
- Guadalajara, Mexico
You will be part of a team chartered to build Customer Fleet & Scale Capabilities for server customers to enable on-time high-quality launches of Intel server programs, as well as in-Fleet product experience. You must be a quick learner, results-oriented, and comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regular, direct customer engagement throughout the development cycle of server programs, from initial power on of customer platforms, through the life of the product in the fleet.
- Diagnosing exceptionally challenging problems at data center scale and collaborating both up and downstream within Intel as well as externally with our customers is key.
- Influence customer debug & validation DFX, and program strategies.
- Enable continuous improvement by driving key customer learnings back into upstream DFX planning for future programs, including Software compliance practices.
- Be curious and convert that into innovation and inventions for Intel and our customers via intellectual property generation, and tangible customer valued innovations.
The work will include:
1. Extending and creating a set of customer-consumable Software used for visibility into system state (IA cores, memory, peripherals, busses, etc.). These Software are used at both component and system levels, including reliability, availability & serviceability.
2. Enabling customers with strategies and solutions using such software to solve in-field and at scale challenges
3. Helping to define, specify and drive initiatives and features required from the systems' architecture to enable diagnostics and debug
4. Solve "in production" debug issues for customers' server designs via scaled enablement of diagnostic software.
The software that we develop are used by engineers for observation and control of system internals at the block, register, and electrical interface level. If you have a strong curiosity in how things work and have the drive to understand them fully this could be a great position for you.
The position will involve technical leadership, designing and developing code in Python & C/C to meet customer server debug needs. It will also involve leveraging existing code and debugging and fixing issues in the existing Python & C/C code bases, which are large and complex.
- +5 years of experience on C/C++ or Python development and hardware debug skills with the ability to both create new code as well to understand and debug within an existing large and complex code base. Experience in creation and maintenance of unit and integration tests is also required.
- Software architecture development and methodology skills commensurate with the ability to architect and design tools whose breadth spans from low-level hardware interfacing to User Experience considerations.
- Knowledge in good software practices, such as requirements writing and execution, agile, and unit and regression testing is required. Sound technical judgment, presentation skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while focusing on shared goals and successes is also required.
- Must be able to build strong relationships across organizations and partner, toward win-win solutions.
- The ability and willingness to travel to Customer sites & other Intel sites, including internationally is required (~10%). Good working proficiency with the English language is required, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices including use of design patterns, object-oriented development, development source control, service-oriented architecture, and overall software design methodology is desired.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Costa Rica, San Jose
MX Experienced Hire JR0142580 Guadalajara
Back to top