Senior Software Applications Engineer
Intel PSG is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Senior/Staff Software Applications Engineer to work with customers, distribution field personnel and specialist colleagues in multiple geographies, to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible.
Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in design, optimization and verification of high-performance FPGAs using Intel and third-party design software features (e.g. Intel Quartus Prime, Synthesis, Simulation, Timing Analysis, System Debug Tools, internal/external Intellectual Properties, etc.) If required, work closely with other stakeholders and orchestrate available resources in order to fully resolve customer issues and queries
• Create application notes, demos, example designs and/or reference designs to demonstrate the usage of Intel FPGA features
• Anticipate future customer requirements to contribute to product planning, product enhancement to improve customer user experience
• Participate in technical collateral review and/or development
• Mentor and guide junior engineers
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience in FPGA or ASIC design including Verilog/VHDL/SystemVerilog coding, Standard EDA flows and Synthesis tools
• Experience in simulation (ModelSim/VCS/Incisive), timing closure, design optimization and on-chip debugging
• Familiar with FPGA/ASIC design with Verilog or VHDL, standard EDA flows, design synthesis, timing closure and verification tool flows
• Analytical and strong problem solving skills, and ability to drive issues to closure are essential
• Good understanding of timing concepts, timing constraints and experience with RTL code optimizations for timing closure will be an advantage.
• Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments
• Clear verbal and written communications skills in English are required
• Proven track record of working directly with customers and managing stakeholders
• Willing to travel per business needs
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
MY Experienced Hire JR0103355 Penang
Back to top