Senior R&D Test Engineer
Intel's Silicon Photonics Product Division is seeking an experienced R&D Test Engineer to own performance debug and testing of our most advanced, future generation optical interconnect products. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that owns the definition, demonstration, and productization of ultra high bandwidth density, low-cost transceivers that can unleash the potential of SiPh for data center connectivity.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Defining test methodologies and test plans for characterizing DC and high-speed performance of transceivers and associated sub-systems and test vehicles
- Leading the definition and design of these test vehicles, including the schematics of needed test substrates and boards
- Leading the design of test structures and test devices to segment performance attributes of complex systems
- Building and qualifying test setups and infrastructure
- Developing equipment control software and enabling R&D test automation
- Planning and executing experiments
- Analyzing test data, conducting data reviews, and making design recommendations
- Debugging unexpected results and discrepancies
- Supporting product test strategy
Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division SPPD is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration. Since announcing the world's first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors and higher speeds, from 100G today to 400G and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey, so if you are interested in joining our leading organization, then we want to hear from you!
The candidate should possess the following behavioral traits
- Resourceful and have strong problem solving skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have good time management skills and is self-motivated
- Have strong communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a MS with 4+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years of experience in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience with optical communications, fiber optics, integrated optics, WDM technology, or semiconductor physics as related to photonics devices
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with high speed testing involving VNAs, PPGs, DCAs, EDs
- 3+ working understanding of optical communication components and/or systems, Ethernet and Fiber Channel applications and standards
- 2+ years experience with different modulation formats (PAM4, NRZ) and knowledge of current generation and next generation optical transceiver architectures
- Hands-on experience testing 28GBaud and 56GBaud devices and systems
- Hands-on experience with chip-level or package level electrical probing
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0116597 Santa Clara
Back to top