Senior Principal Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Principal Engineers at Intel are active technical leaders inside and outside the company. Activities include driving key technologies besides participation in major industry and academic conferences, voting membership in international standards committees, generation of patents and technical papers.
Responsible for working with standards bodies in high speed serial IO-Technology controllers domain (like PCIe, CXL and/or adjacent standards) with goal of of Defining and Driving 'state of the art digital controller IP-stack roadmap and solutions (including MAC, Link Layer, transport layer) with best in class KPIs'.
Responsibilities would include owning the end to end IP stack development from architecture concept to production quality IP including (but not limited to) defining roadmap, RTL microarchitecture, pipelines, review IP verification strategies & plans , mentor senior RTL designers on execution & best in class quality, support post silicon/emulation teams for any debug etc.
You must possess a Bachelor/Masters/Ph.d degree in electronics/electrical/communication/VLSI/Microelectronics and/or related engineering/technology with experience in the range of 18 to 28 years in defining specifications/architecture & execution of RTL/Logic design of IPs in high speed serial IO domain (PCIe/CXL etc) . Publications and patents in relevant fields would be an added advantage.
Below are some of the specific expectations for this role
- Expertise & deep understanding of PCIe and/or CXL standards and prior experience on PCIe and/or CXL IPs execution is a must.
- Expertise in complex digital IP microarchitecture design with prior experience in complex pipeline /data-path optimizations using system Verilog.
- Hands-on expertise in highspeed digital IP with multiple clock domain, power plan designs
- Familiarity with overall silicon development cycle from concept to PRQ including DFT/DFD/Post Silicon debug support, HW/SW partitioning is desired.
- Expertise with Verilog, system Verilog, C, C++, Perl languages
- Ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written form
- Innovative thinking, problem solving, good communication skills, self-discipline and results orientation are critical soft-skills needed
- Good hands-on knowledge on industry standard EDA tools & HDLs
- Must be a extremely good team player and should be able to work across organization boundaries and domains.
- Must possess excellent communication skills & should be able to participate and represent the given IO technology at various international forums (inside and outside) and executive levels.
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0138460 Bangalore
Back to top