Intel Power Architecture and Technologies group is looking for Senior Pre-Silicon Firmware Validation Engineer. In this position, the candidate will be working as part of a pre-silicon firmware verification team for current and next generation Client SOC Products.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Creating test environments, checker strategies, and test generators for validating embedded power management firmware in the SOC
- Learning the FW architecture and related SOC architecture by debugging test failures to the root cause
- Developing and utilizing various software tools and/or methodologies with the goal to ensure highly functional firmware
- Coordinating and working with firmware developers, Power Management Architecture, and SOC integration teams
- Driving end-to-end feature validation strategy, contributing to Test Environment efficiency improvements
- Mentoring junior members in the team on validation methodologies
Bachelor's in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field plus 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of relevant experience.
Your experience should be in the following areas:
- Experience with Firmware/Embedded Firmware development or verification
- 4+ years of validation experience in a pre-silicon SOC design team or post-silicon validation team
- Experience with UNIX or Linux work environments
- Good Software development skills, and Object Oriented Programming experience
- Proficiency in C++ (Ruby is a plus)
- High degree of comfort reading and interpreting technical specs, Firmware, and Register Transfer Level (RTL) code
- Highly developed debug skills
- Experience with Unit Testing and TDD
- Experience managing a development/verification team is a plus
- Experience or coursework in Power Management
- Experience or coursework in RTL-level Logic Design and Validation
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0148332 Hillsboro Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software