Senior Power and Performance Engineer
The Datacenter Systems Group (DSG) is responsible for architecting, developing and delivering production datacenter boards, systems, management software and solutions. DSG is a full product business PnL, shipping and supporting production systems to market. DSG is currently expanding its product line and system offerings and is looking for the right key players to accelerate our market penetration and growth trajectory.
DSG is looking for a Senior end-to-end power and performance lead validation and optimization Engineer for Intel Server products. As a PnP Lead, you will be responsible for a product to achieve or beat its power and performance goals. Includes, power and performance optimization in addition to the responsibility for identifying opportunities, drive optimization & improvements through analysis of workloads and silicon behavior.
The job requirements include but not limited to:
- Create power calculation models for each product family (spreadsheet based) and associated workloads.
- Pre-Measurement: Analyze and forecast power and performance metrics for product family to enable early distribution of spreadsheet to customers.
- Measurement: Lead the effort to measure actual power consumption for product families, update models, support customer discussions.
- Support software team with PnP expertise as DSG moves from spreadsheet-based model to Web-based models.
- Support customer engagement teams with PnP expertise, measurements, optimization guidance.
- Support online software teams with the development of customer facing PnP Web tools and services.
- Represent DSG in Intel PnP forums: DEA, PRE, etc.
- Understanding workloads and performance maximizing techniques for a constrained power envelope.
- System level understanding of power management flows at the hardware, firmware, and driver levels.
- In-depth level understanding of hardware power management such as P-states and C-states.
- Keep a tab on power estimation/measurement methodology and continuously evolve with the new power optimization techniques.
- Responsibility for optimization under various usage scenarios.
- Close interface with architecture, design, and platform engineers.
- Contribute towards power management optimizations flows for future products.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Major in Computer Sciences, Electronic Engineering or related.
- 10 years of experience in Server Systems with emphasis on Power and Performance areas.
- Solid understanding of Intel Architecture and server products.
- Preferred solid understanding of System level validation.
- Preferred demonstrated capability to challenge status quo of work effectiveness and efficiency and proactively lead team for improvements on day to day validation productivity, through such innovations as test automation.
- Preferred demonstrated capability to work within a team environment facing fast changing requirements and complicated stakeholders, and to effectively lead and drive the team toward the right direction.
- Additional proven capability in new technologies.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
India, Bangalore;PRC, Shanghai
MX Experienced Hire JR0177402 Guadalajara Data Center Group
Back to top