Senior Physical Design Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Oversee definition, design, verification, and documentation for IP development in leading edge microprocessor design team
- Determine architecture design, logic design, and system simulation
- Work with TFM (Tools Flow Methodology) team, RTL team, SOC integration team to define IP and its interfaces, determine timing constraints and specs, work with power/scan/dft team to ensure IP meets performance and quality goals
- Drive design convergence and quality till final TI (Tape In)
- Perform quality/timing/MCO (Multi Cycle Optimization) reviews to ensure IP meets all design requirements
- Participate in global methodology forums to improve SD (Structural Design/Physical Design) design flow and efficiency
- Drive a team, transform design methodologies and improve efficiencies
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 9+ years of experience -OR- a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 6+ years of experience -OR- a PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 4+ year of experience with:
- Structural design and verification in large microprocessor designs
- Lead technically, drive design methodologies and be able to manage or lead a team.
- Cross teams' communications, with logic and arch teams and also with full chip timing and integration teams
- Knowledge in EDA Tools specifically: ICC2, DC(Design Compiler), PrimeTime or the equivalency in Cadence Tools
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0140313 Santa Clara
Back to top