Senior Java Application Engineer
As a Software Engineer within the Design Creation and Debug Group, you can expect to work on Intel PSG's System-on-Chip integration tool, Platform Designer, PSG's FPGA Debug Environment Tools such as SignalTap and System Console, and Eclipse-based Nios II Embedded Software Development Suite. The goal of this team is to make implementing powerful embedded hardware systems a straightforward and enjoyable task from design creation through debugging and performance optimization. The team is responsible for the full stack of these tools GUI, model and OS specific device drivers.
We have the fortune of interacting in the highly dynamic space encompassing programmable hardware design, embedded system creation and embedded software development; designing tools and infrastructure to empower design engineers in all three realms.
As a Software Engineer in this position, you will need to be an excellent Java programmer with specific experience and interest in creating Java desktop applications. Some larger projects we're undertaking include:
- Inventing better ways to visualize and interact with complex hardware systems
- Improving our Eclipse-based Software Development IDE
- Enabling precise system interconnect manipulation and automatic optimization
- Providing a framework to enable FPGA debugging applications
- Tightly integrating our tool with others in Intel's Design Suite
Our work varies from user experience to software architecture with plenty of opportunity to play anywhere in-between. We've assembled an energetic team of quality people and are looking for a couple more experienced programmers to help with the effort.
- BS degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience developing Java based desktop applications especially IDEs or CAD tools
- Strong experience with multithreaded software applications
- Knowledge of embedded software design flows and implementation
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows driver development
- Familiarity with Nios II or ARM-based embedded software development environments
- Tcl, Perl, and/or Python scripting skills
- Dedication to customer experience and usability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence across organization boundaries
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
MYJR0163464PenangProgrammable Solutions Group