Senior Firmware Engineer
We are a high performance Firmware team in Hillsboro Oregon, and we are looking for a high caliber firmware expert to join us, to work on the current and next generation Intel FPGA Silicon. This engineer will design, implement the FPGA configuration FW, Security FW, and work with RTL team, BootROM team, Platform team side by side for a high quality Si offering.
Ideally we'd expect this new team member to be a fast learner, self-motivated and self-driven on the new technologies, having the urge to conquer the most complex firmware issues and system level issues. The rest of team members around you are a group of experienced FW developers with the average industry experience of 15 years, it will be an extremely rewarding experience to you here for the upcoming years.
Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. Source code development, review and maintenance. Unit and system level test and verification. Experience in low level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, hardware design. System integration using 8, 16, 32 bit microcontrollers.
- 10+ years of experience with a B.Sc in Computer Science or related technical degree (professionals with a related Master degree and 8+ years of experience will also be considered).
- 5+ years experience in Embedded firmware (FW) design and debugging.
- 5+ years experience in C programming.
Preferred Qualifications with 1+ year in following:
- Experience with ARM/ARC processor.
- Extensive experience with low level programming is a plus.
- Security feature and experience is a plus.
- Skills and experience working with Si RTL team in debugging and integration is a plus.
- Developing unit tests for code quality validation.
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool chains.
- Experience in design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C.
- Experience working with a developer-run Agile/Scrum model.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Experience with data manipulation and memory-management algorithms.
- Security design/development experience on TCG specs is a plus.
- Good Assembly programming skill.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0119507 Hillsboro
Back to top