Develops and documents electrical validation requirements and tests for verification of Si designs. Investigates and resolves complex issues with hardware/BIOS/Firmware/Operating System implementations and recommends solutions. Uses analysis to resolve electrical issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
Successful candidate will work hands-on to drive sophisticated equipment and on-die silicon features to:
- Measure the electrical performance of high speed parallel and serial interfaces.
- Bring-up, developing recipes for analog IPs such as Integrated Voltage Regulators (FIVR) and detailed PVT characterization of the same.
- Electrical validation of ADC, DACs etc in modern CPUs chipsets and SOCs.
- Define test plan by collaborating with design, internal workgroups, industry standards and 3rd party component specifications.
- Perform statistical data analysis to compare performance against both specification and expectations across test cases.
- Write scripts that controls test & measurement equipment, thermal controller, silicon configuration and other test components.
- Candidate would have to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams such as IP design, BIOS, board development, platform validation, high volume manufacturing and wafer fabrication teams to resolve complex issues affecting product health ensuring world-class products for our customers.
- Continuously improve methods and processes to ensure high quality and timely products in the most efficient manner possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BE degree or ME degree with10 years+ in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- Hands on experience measuring electrical performance of analog signals
- Excellent hands-on silicon and platform debug skills
- Experience writing and debugging software to control hardware
- Proven experience to work well in teams and provide strong independent contributions
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience analysing power delivery systems
- In depth knowledge of control loops in non-isolated buck converter topology
- Working knowledge of higher speed serial interface analog building blocks protocol specifications and test methods
- Experience leading cross functional teams to tune circuits and root-cause circuit related bugs
- Experienced writing Python code to automate test procedures
- Understanding of good software architecture principles and development practices
- Understanding of PCB layout best practices
- Understanding of statistical data analysis and design of experiments
- Proven experience to mentor junior engineers to perform electrical validation
Inside this Business Group
The everyday contributions of the Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) team are essential to retaining/regaining Intel's product leadership. We validate, debug, and tune the newest designs and world-changing technologies that enrich the lives of every person on earth. We play a critical role in completing the PRQs of Intel products and in Intel's ability to deliver the annual technology platforms in our roadmap.
IN JR0157304 Bangalore Intel Validation Engineering