Who we are:
AI and Deep Learning are driving transformation in IoT vertical markets globally. We are part of the Internet of Things Group, which is a fast growing multi-billion-dollar business unit today. The industry is accelerating rapidly, and we are looking for the right team members to help drive our next wave of growth as an organization.
You will be a key player in developing artificial intelligence products. Working in the AI field, we are dealing with a big amount of data and we need someone who is capable of designing and implementing efficient data model which will ensure the performance of the platform. In your role, you will work with other researchers, software engineers, designers, and product owners to build an interactive AI system. We welcome your innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our growth mindset culture that is grounded in customer obsession, diversity and inclusion.
Your responsibilities as a senior backend engineer are as follows:
- Designing a scalable data model
- Writing optimized queries for data retrieval
- Identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Being involved in the implementation and maintenance of data layer in the system
- Working closely with our R&D team to capture the requirements of the system
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent field
- Sufficient professional experience in designing and implementing databases, both relational and non-relational (namely Postgresql and MongoDB)
- Proven technical proficiency in developing web applications on Python, using web framework such as Flask, Django, or FastAPI
- Proven technical proficiency in data layer python libraries, for example Django ORM and pymongo
- Proven professional experience in solving issues with CAP theorem
- Optional: proven professional experience in designing databases for microservices system
Inside this Business Group
The Internet of Things Group (IOTG) consists of ~4700 dedicated employees across 25 locations across the world. IOTG drives significant growth in the Internet of Things (IoT) market, capitalizing on the inflection and creation of edge computing, leveraging smart, connected devices and artificial intelligence (AI) to enable partners to transform their businesses. IOTG's vision is to lead the industry and enterprises to enhance the way we live and work by making it easier to create exciting, new IoT/edge solutions. IOTG's strategy includes creating unique differentiated silicon to consolidate workloads at the Edge, investing in video and AI inference as the killer app for the Edge, creating new developer tools and ecosystems, and establishing a dedicated vertical consultative sales team to add value to our partners across many verticals.
England, London;England, Swindon;France, Paris;Germany, Munich;Poland, Warsaw;Russia, Nizhny Novgorod;Spain, Madrid;Virtual Europe, Middle East and Africa
NL Experienced Hire JR0161218 Groningen Internet of Things Group