Senior Applications Engineer - Ethernet Switch
- Beijing, China
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the BXD (Barefoot Switching Division) in our Data Platform Group (DPG) as a Customer Engineer! We're part of the Connectivity Group (CG) inside Intel's DPG, and we're looking for motivated, passionate and talented customer engineers to join our customer engineering team. We're a strong and tight-knit team which helps drive Intel's programmable switching technology and products to position Tofino as the switching platform of choice and for the Cloud, Data Center, Enterprise and Telco network deployments.
In this role, you will act as a technical expert to provide technical support for Barefoot's customers (Cloud Operators, OEM and ODM) in China, which involves architectural promotion, software issue debugging, and communication between customer and engineering team. This is a technical based job with broad scope of both technical and communication role.
Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Provide deep dive technical support to customers in switch product development; from SDK driver to Protocol/Stack, from architecture/design review to bring-up, validation and production
• Providing technical training, demo, consultation, and hands-on assistance to developers in areas of architect, technologies, code development, testing and tuning
• As system and technology expert, author technical documents and training courses
• Provide feedback and aid product definition of next generation products
• Interest to advance in the direction of network telemetry and related big data applications.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
• Must be a team player, with a demonstrated expertise to technically influence others
• Thrive amidst uncertainty, ambiguity and changing timelines and requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese
• Solid understanding of Data Center, Enterprise, Telco and Cloud Architectures and Applications
• Solid understanding of end-to-end networking from ASIC architectures to software, systems and network designs
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications
BS + 10 years of experience (CS, EE or related)
• Mid-level development experience in Switch/LAN driver/SDK, L2/L3 stack in switch/router, Ethernet, network communications etc.
• Solid C/C++ language skills and experience
• Rich experience of diagnose and triage functionality and/or performance issues. Identification and isolation of problems to application, network stack, low level API, or drivers.
• Rich experience in multiple Network technologies, project implementation, support, trouble resolution, and root cause analysis.
• Reasonable Experience in development and documentation activities for customer applications and internal API's.
• Knowledgeable in Datacenter and Cloud infrastructures and operations, Virtualization, low latency networking
• Hands on experience with lab equipment as TestCenter/IXIA, high speed scope, etc.
• Experience in Ethernet Switch/Controller board development.
• 8 years experience in Internet/WAN/MAN/LAN Network product engineering
• 3 years experience in design, development, and implementation and maintenance of Enterprise level Network solutions
• Fluent and effective communication, presentation and documentation skills, both - written and verbal
• Self-motivated, multi-task effective, ability to work independently and also in teams
• Able to trave
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• MS + 10 years of experience (CS, EE or related)
• Expert level development experience in Switch/LAN driver/SDK, L2/L3 stack in switch/router, Ethernet, network communications etc.
• 1+ Years of support experience to Telecom, data center, OEM, Enterprise system designers/developers during design-in product life cycle.
• 1+ Years of network processor microcoding and debugging experience
• Reasonable Python language skill
• 10+ years experience in Internet/WAN/MAN/LAN Network product engineering
• 5 + years experience in design, development, and implementation and maintenance of Enterprise level Network solutions
• 3 + years experience in Router, Switch and IP configuration/management
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
CN Experienced Hire JR0141897 Beijing
Back to top