Senior 5G Standards Architect
- Bangalore, India
We invite you to join Intel's Next Generation & Standards (NGS) Group and the 5G revolution! Intel's NGS team is chartered with developing technical standards and advanced prototypes of various technologies to deliver innovative and state of the art wireless experiences into the market.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Representing Intel in Standards Development Organizations (SDOs).
• Lead delegate to TSDSI (Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India), COAI, GSA India. Attendance to other SDOs may be required, depending on Intel's priorities.
• Active participation in TSDSI Governing Council, Study Groups, Champions for NIP (New Item Proposal) / SWIPs (Study/work item proposals), leadership roles in SGs.
• Active participation in 5G India 2020 High Level Forum - Use Cases Lab, Application Layer Standards, Technical track at IMC (India Mobile Congress).
• Interacting with Indian cellular operators, academic institutions/universities, PSU and government official (DoT/TEC).
• Creating intellectual property, writing technical contributions and defending them in standards meetings
• Writing meeting report and providing periodical status updates and tutorials for the features that are defined in the attended working groups.
• Responsible for internal and external interface for Intel technology collaboration.
• Support prototype/product development of 5G wireless and emerging technologies.
The candidate is expected to participate in and assist with trial activities with the Wireless/5G ecosystem.
The job position requires work with global standards bodies which will require some travel (approx. 5-7 trips per year).
• Master of Science, or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering with demonstrated technical leadership and a strong communications-system engineering background
• 10 years of experience in wireless communication.
• 7 years of specific industry experience working with global standards bodies and industry alliances (such as TSDSI, COAI, India DoT/TEC, 3GPP, NGMN, GSMA, ITU, IETF) in wireless arena.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Wireless Standards (including but not limited to 3GPP LTE/EPC, 3GPP 5G-NR/5GC, 3GPP IMS) and their application on end to end product design.
• Proven ability to effectively lead multi-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across different groups.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills as well as outstanding customer interaction and presentation skills are essential for this role.
• Creative problem Solver and thinker, proven ability of turning ideas into intellectual property.
• Excellent Analytical and Research Skills.
• Self-Motivated, Proactive and good team player.
Inside this Business Group
The Next Generation and Standards Group's mission is to lead standards, ecosystem, and prototyping development efforts across Intel for advanced wireless communications IP, starting with 5G and beyond. This group brings together a panorama of competencies including standards creation, ecosystem development, use case and business development in creating advanced prototypes and technologies that propel Intel's leadership. In addition, the group is rapidly expanding towards integration of communications and compute with new technologies and use cases including advanced end to end communication networks, autonomous driving, drones, artificial intelligence, while continuing its leadership in 5G. NGS holds all the advanced communications and compute technology assets to deliver an exciting, converged future at the center of the intelligent data explosion.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0138534 Bangalore
Back to top