- Hillsboro, OR
The Intel Security Assurance group under the Intel HW SOC Validation Engineering organization seeks an experienced Hardware Security Researcher, with the depth and breadth of security assurance skills to positively impact Intel's product security roadmap. From this position, you will have the opportunity to influence all of Intel's products segments, Data Center, Compute Client and Discrete Graphics.
The Security Assurance group has as the objective of leading proactive focus on security assurance to establish and maintain trust in Intel Products, Services and Platforms; using the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) as a reference to help drive high-quality security outcomes in product and services development at Intel.
As new products are architected and designed, the Security Assurance team evaluates them based on the target market segment for each of these products. As a member of the Security Assurance team you will gain in-depth knowledge of the latest technologies in Server CPUs, Advanced Discrete Graphics GPUs and PC Compute CPU products. You will have the opportunity to deeply understand and work on leading security assurance technologies.
You will get to develop comprehensive threat models and security test plans. You will be able to prove your hacker skills throughout the product development process, starting from security design reviews, simulation and emulation, to reference platforms. While performing your security assurance work, you will work closely with architects, designers, validators and security architects.
As a member of the Security Assurance team you will have access to Intel's security community and security experts in different fields. You will also have the opportunity to work on leading edge security technologies and methodologies, as well as participating in different conferences and publications related to security.
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Actively leading complex, multidisciplinary security research projects
- Commanding, deep, pervasive pulse on HW, FW and SW Security technologies and emerging threat landscape in the security research community to prioritize offensive security research
- Navigating ambiguities and obstacles to independently solve complex problems
- Demonstrating expertise in vulnerability discovery, analysis and exploitation
- Exploring and inventing software and hardware techniques as a method of attack against compute targets
- Developing proof of concepts to characterize exploitability and impacts
- Recommending systemic mitigations and demonstrating their robustness across a diverse portfolio of products
- Leading automation pathfinding to improve security assurance capabilities of product teams
- Sharing expert insights and new learning and contributing intellectual property
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Effective communication skills with executives
- Productive collaboration skills with peer researchers
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 9+ years of experience in:
- System security research and exploring software and hardware techniques as a method of attack against targets within the computing systems
- Security threats, vulnerability research along with practicing security development lifecycle practices
- Authentication, cryptography, secure protocols
- Computer architecture; GFX, CPU design, SoC layout, chipset functionality, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers, and others
- SoC development & manufacturing processes/methodologies
- Firmware & Hardware security, crypto, and other x86 compute paradigms
- Threat modeling
- Security code review, analysis, and vulnerability assessment
- Reverse engineering skills
- Exploitation and mitigation technique developments
- Security testing techniques including fuzzing and pen-testing
- Architecting, strategizing and evangelizing advanced product security countermeasures into products
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
US, California, Folsom;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0141042 Hillsboro
Back to top