Researcher Dependable Machine Learning (f/m/d)
- Munich, Germany
Intel Labs are an interdisciplinary global research organization that focuses on systems that will drive future business in new and fast growing markets. This position is part of a research team in Munich, Germany at the heart of the automotive industry and industrial production systems and will take ownership to develop a new area of research for the next generation of Dependable Systems for robotics, infrastructure based automation (smart city) and automated driving. The research is performed as part of a Horizon 2020 public project called FOCETA (http://www.foceta-project.eu/)
We are looking for a candidate with a technical background in dependable and machine-learning-based systems that wants to push the envelope in Dependability research at Intel Labs. The key responsibilities are:
- Establish the foundations of dependability of machine learning and push dependability of modern processor and network architectures related to machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Develop automatic self-learning approaches and architectures for dependability using artificial intelligence
- Build partnerships across Intel Labs, Business Units and external partners - corporations, universities and customers
- Build up a strong publications pipeline and present our research at international conferences
- Document results with clarity and publish reports of achievements
- Go beyond the state of the art and pursue Intellectual Property Rights
Please note that t his is a temporary position for 24 months (with option for extension).
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics or other related fields.
- Strong background in dependability
- Strong background in machine learning and artificial intelligence (CNN architectures)
- Ability to propose and explore new and innovative techniques and technologies and be able to understand how these new technologies can affect machine learning and dependability
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with colleagues, industrial and academic partners and international research sites
- Effective organizational skills and high level of self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent English skills
- Some background in embedded computing and sensing (robotics, Internet of Things) as well embedded computing and operating systems or similar (Linux, ...) beneficial
- Prior working experience with industrial, automotive (e.g. automated driving), smart city, robotics or semiconductor research with a focus on understanding the use of advanced system architectures is desired
- Extensive expertise in state of machine learning and dependability
- Exposure to self-learning systems or model-driven safety assurance and security is a plus
- Strong programming skills in one or several of Python, C/C++, and machine learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, ...) is desired.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
DE Intel Contract Employee JR0153888 Munich Intel Labs
Back to top