PROM Sub-system & IP Logic Design & Validation Engineer
- Austin, TX
The hire will be involved in deep sub-micron IC logic and VLSI design, validation, development, testing, post-Si characterization and debug in Intel's leading process technologies, developing, verifying and validating competitive solutions with Intel's PROM circuit technology for use in mobile, IOT, client, network and server segments. Job responsibilities include RTL design and validation, developing tests for designs and validating PROM Sub-system and IP designs, identifying potential design limitations and bugs that can impact design margin and component yield. Provides Post-Si support, including but not limited to characterization, test definition, debugging product returns as well as reviewing and dispositioning results.
- Clear documentation and communication skills: thorough, concise, effective documentation of logic design, verification and testing is expected, as well as IP integration support to SoC customers, timely communication, and careful consideration of customer requests.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ experience or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 2+ year experience.
Experience in Logic design, validation and testing, including but not limited to:
- Micro-architecture definition of design features, test plan creation and functional verification.
- Effective behavioral modeling and testing of circuits in Verilog and System Verilog, as well as logical equivalence verification between Schematic and Verilog models.
- UPF (Unified Power Format) creation using low power techniques and handling multiple power domain design.
- Experience in test bench creation to generate test patterns and vectors.
1+ year experience in the following areas:
- Machines and industry-standard protocols such as JTAG.
- Behavioral modeling, Verilog and System Verilog coding, and OVM.
- Pre-Si validation - creation of test plan, test bench & test case development, review and debug of test results, and coding assertions to prevent illegal states.
- Post-Si characterization and debug, including proposing and writing tests and experiments, and reviewing results.
- Product development and testing using industry-standard tools.
- Deep sub-micron IC design is recommended.
- Scripting languages (perl, tcl, etc.) to enhance automation in design, validation and testing is recommended.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0149324 Austin
Back to top