Project Gas & Chemical Process Engineer
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Ireland, Oregon, Arizona, and Israel. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
This position will be based at our Intel Ireland campus, Leixlip. Our Process Project Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. They are one of the first to be consulted for any major construction project related to process gases and water and waste systems depending on their areas of focus. Early in the project, they assess feasibility of new projects. They later develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers from other disciplines. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Project Engineers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution. The project engineer manages performance of the Integrators Architectural and Engineering/Owners design Consultant vendor in their discipline.
Our Project Engineers are the primary leaders who develop discipline scope and engineering solutions for construction projects. They interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources. They also interface with facilities staff and project managers to enable facility design efforts for their area of expertise. Project Engineers define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, develop design concepts, and oversee completion of positioning, programming and detailed design. They work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met. Project Engineers have strong knowledge of Intel's master specifications and standards yet use our change process to improve those standards and drive innovative solutions.
As a global engineering organization, GCE project architects and engineers are expected to collaborate and share learnings with their counterparts at other sites across the globe.
- Experience with some Process Specific Systems such as Planar Chemical, Bulk chemical, specialty gasses and bulk gas system. Preference would be experience with more than one.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on architectural and engineering projects. Focus on industrial, semiconductor, and cleanroom projects is preferred.
- Familiarity with Autocad, P&ID's, Pipeflo, and BIM is preferred. Understanding Pressure drops & basic background of the different Chemical and Gas families/categories,
- Familiarity with high purity piping and high purity valve systems a plus
- An understanding of Piping Types, PFA, PVC, Poly, Stainless steel, Flaring v gaskets.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication - especially in communicating technical issues
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries.
- Candidate must have the ability to manage workload of multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Strong technical expertise in process & chemical engineering and ability to provide tactical direction to a large engineering team, both direct and matrix report
- Ability to effectively communicate technical engineering and design information and solutions to a wide audience of stakeholders such as manufacturing customers, Technology Development, Project Managers, Construction Managers and contractors.
- Experience with construction, start-up, and commissioning/turnover of facilities systems
- Value for safety and a safe project environment
- Registration as chartered engineer status or aspiration to achieve that status.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
IE Experienced Hire JR0110494 Leixlip
Back to top