- As a Product Engineer, you are responsible for bringing up new cutting-edge technologies by working with a brilliant team of engineers. You will be faced with complex problems in bringing up the technology and ramping it to high volume production and are required to possess excellent problem solving skills. You will work hand-in-hand with several cross-functional teams across different geographies such as Design, Manufacturing, Device, Characterization, Reliability and Test Engineering teams to bring up, qualify and ramp the product, which requires excellent teamwork, communication, multitasking and presentation skills.
As a Product Engineer, you are responsible for a wide variety of tasks in the product life cycle such as:
- Working with design teams in developing solutions for "Design for Manufacturability"
- Working with Test Engineering team to develop, validate and optimize Component level test flows and driving Test Time Reduction/ Yield improvement efforts
- Performing Electrical Failure Analysis and developing new stresses and screens for DPM and yield improvements on new upcoming technology nodes and driving yield sustainability on mature products.
- Working with several cross-functional teams for resolving product level issues
- Performing Data Analysis and possessing parsing skills to analyze high volume data for quality improvement and yield improvement.
- Analyzing and evaluating component specifications versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capabilities
- Working with Quality and Reliability teams to ensure on-time product qualification
- Working with cross-functional teams to resolve external customer related issues
- You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a BS or MS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar technical engineering degree.
5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Semiconductor industry, as a Product Engineer, Staff Engineer, Product QRE, or in High Volume Test
- Wafer/component testing, yield analysis or device characterization
Knowledge and experience following areas:
- Electrical Failure Analysis, identifying root cause of the problems and developing counter measures
- Memory Architecture, program and read algorithms
- Quality, reliability mechanisms and device physics
- Wafer and component level testing and yield improvement
- System integration
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US JR0142568 Folsom Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group