Product Development Engineer IO
- Santa Clara, CA
The Data Center Manufacturing Engineering group is looking for a motivated engineer to join the team to work in the highly challenging environment of product development across Intel's XEON product families. The product development engineers in this teamwork on Architecture definitions, Circuit and Logic Design and Development recommendation for DFT implementations, Verification, and Validation model development, Functional and Structural test content development with teams worldwide.
This team is responsible to maintain Intel's design and manufacturing quality of baseline product to the external world. This engineering team is specifically responsible for ensuring the testability and manufacturability of high-speed serial I/O and PLL from architectural design through to production ramp for server CPUs. This engineering team is also responsible for ensuring server CPUs' high-speed serial I/O and PLL meet the electrical parametric specifications before product qualification.
Responsibilities of the engineers may include but not be limited to:
- DFT Design (Design for Test)
- Pre-Silicon validation of Analog test content at IP and full-chip level including test writing.
- Test content generation of patterns to support HVM testers as well as Bench DV.
- Silicon debugs to identify functional and DFT related bugs and silicon characterization to validate IP.
- Support platform and system-level validation teams to identify and close silicon issues.
- Analysis and disposition of early customer return to driving understanding of design marginalities or develop test content to screen these units where needed.
- To work with Sort and Class teams to deliver high-quality analog test content and support improving product health indicators.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field with 5+ years of experience -OR- a Master's degree plus 3+ years of experience with:
- Test development using automated test equipment (ATE) for high volume manufacturing development.
- Software programming skills in Python, C, or C++
This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements. This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Knowledge of IO protocols, specs, DFT architectures, and design (PCI Express, SATA, USB3, DDR, WIO, etc.) is highly desired.
- Development, evaluation, and validation of analog and DFT circuits including concepts such as jitter, margining, squelch, equalization.
- Knowledgeable in high volume manufacturing flows and statistical data analysis
- Experience driving tester to support debug and characterization of silicon
- RTL, GLS and VTPsim test writing, simulation and validation experience.
- Silicon debugs and characterization of new products including working with the platform and system-level validation teams to identify and close silicon issues.
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0129405 Santa Clara
Back to top