Product Development Engineer
The Manufacturing Product Engineering (MPE) Digital Content (Scan/Array/Functional) group in Costa Rica is looking for motivated Engineer to join the team to work in the highly challenging environment of product development across Intel's product families. The product development engineer is responsible for ensuring the Digital content testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from the component feasibility stage through production ramp. Make significant contributions to design architecture definition, development and validation of digital content testability circuits and design logic. Evaluation, development and debug of complex test methods (either Scan, Array or Functional). Develops and debugs complex software programs to convert design validation vectors and drive complex test equipment. Creates and deploy production digital test hardware solutions. Support validation to redesign circuits to guarantee component margin to specification. Analyzes and evaluates component specification versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis and bin split capability and drive test hole closure activities, quality and cost constraints. Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
Responsibilities of the engineers may include:
- Pre-Silicon validation of digital test content (either Scan, Array or Functional) at IP and full chip level including test writing.
- Test content generation of patterns to support HVM testers.
- Silicon debug to identify functional and DFT related bugs and silicon characterization to validate IP.
- Support platform and system level validation teams to identify and close silicon issues.
- Analysis and disposition of early customer returns to drive understanding of design marginalities or develop test content to screen these units where needed.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Have a B.S. in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of engineering experience in relevant fields OR have a M.S. in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering and 5+ years of industry experience in:
- Experience in Testing Methodologies, Test content development, generation and validation,
- Experience in DFT, hardware testing methods and tools.
- Experience in programming languages: perl, python, C++, etc.
Advanced English verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in the following areas will be considered a plus:
- Experience in logic validation and characterization
- Fundamental knowledge of DFx including exposure to Automated Test Equipment tester platforms.
- Good understanding of at least one of the following Design for Test (DFT): Scan, Array or Functional digital circuits, its associated test methods and fault models.
- Experience in either Scan, Array or Functional testing techniques and tester debug using software and hardware debug tools.
- Hardware architecture, logic/Circuit design and implementation
Soft Skills / Behavioral Traits:
- Self-driven and strong team player.
- Strong Problem Solving and Data Analysis.
- Team leadership.
- Project management.
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
CR Experienced Hire JR0125933 San Jose
Back to top