Product Development Engineer
Responsible for ensuring the testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from component feasibility stage through production ramp. Makes significant contributions to design, development and validation of testability circuits. Evaluation, development and debug of complex test methods. Develops and debugs complex software programs to convert design validation vectors and drive complex test equipment. Creates and tests validation and production test hardware solutions. Tests, validates, modifies and re-designs circuits to guarantee component margin to specification. Analyzes and evaluates component specification versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis and bin split capability. Analyzes early customer returns with emphasis on driving test hole closure activities. Creates and applies concepts for optimizing component production relative to both quality and cost constraints. Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems.
In this position, you will be responsible for server/SOC/ASIC product test development. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with design and product development engineers to deliver Design-for-Test (DFT) solutions;
- Participating in DFT development like DFT architecture definition and test plans definition;
- Responsible for Verilog and/or VHDL test bench creation and/or debug, test writing, Register Transfer Level (RTL) simulation, Gate Level Simulation (GLS), analog simulation, performance validation, VTPSim (Verilog test pattern simulator), silicon debug on tester (or on other platform like system level);
- Developing highly optimized test vectors by using state-of-the-art vector conversion tool and methods;
- Developing, integrating and optimizing test program through characterization and other techniques;
- Developing or designing test hardware (for example test interface unit/load board);
- Managing silicon debug to check out all the structural and functional tests;
- Qualifying new products and performing detailed test program analysis to ensure product startup with low Defect per Million (DPM), low test time, good yield and meeting other product health indicators before passing over to factory product engineering group for high volume manufacturing.
- Bachelor or Master in Electrical, Electronics, Microelectronics or Computer Engineering;
- Fluent in English speaking and writing is a basic requirement;
- Familiar with Automated Test Equipment (ATE) applications, e.g., Advantest T2k, Agilent 93K, Teradyne etc;
- Experienced in wafer sort or final test Test Program development;
- Familiar with Digital, Mixed Signal test, or Analog test methodologies;
- Experience in structural test techniques (SCAN, MBIST, JTAG etc), standard IOs (PCIE, USB, SERDES, DDR) and circuit blocks (Memory, Clocks, CPU) is preferred;
- Knowledge in Python, C , Perl, VHDL, Verilog, digital logic, CMOS and hardware design is preferred;
- Experience of full ownership and work independently on 1 full product cycle is highly preferred;
- Proven good issue debugging and problem solving skills;
- The candidates can be considered if he/she has experiences in production Product Engineering or test hardware maintenance and is willing to purse technical career path in product development engineering.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
CN JR0096516 Shanghai
Back to top