Principal Hardware Engineer / Staff Manager
- Santa Clara, CA
We are looking an exceptional candidate to work in a challenging, fast paced environment developing next generation optical transceivers and solutions so that we contribute to Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division's mission to transform and lead Data Center optical connectivity, and enable Intel's differentiation in the networking space.
As the Principal Hardware Engineer and Group Manager in our R&D organization, the individual will be responsible not only for hands-on integrated design of the next-gen transceiver hardware, but also for leading a team of hardware experts in Intel's Silicon Photonics Products Division.
The individual is responsible for defining transceiver module hardware architectures and engineering specifications, designing and bringing up the hardware based on product-level requirements, interacting with broad interdisciplinary teams composed of experts in optical devices, electrical ICs, optical and electrical component packaging, mechanical/thermal/optical design, embedded firmware, test and design validation, quality and reliability, and etc. to deliver optical transceivers from concept to high-volume production with superior performance and reliability.
- Master, Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Electrical or Optical Engineering or closely related field, plus 15+ years of hands-on industry experience in hardware development and/or hardware team management in the field of optical communication and data center connectivity.
- Demonstrated experiences, through multiple successful product development cycles, in designing high speed opto-electronic components, pluggable transceiver modules, sub-systems involving the state-of-the-art photonics and digital/analog signal processing electronics.
- Demonstrated experiences in managing hardware engineering group with sustained success in product development and introduction to high volume production in the field of optical pluggable transceivers.
- Direct contribution to technical solutions that integrate multiple disciplines or technologies into non-obvious system architectures that provide meaningfully unique and differentiated capability requires understanding of current and proposed competitive solutions, key performance indicators, and end-user mission objectives as well as understanding of interplay between technologies and engineering design.
- Track record of developing modules suitable for operational environments, performing trade off studies and sensitivity analyses, and comparing alternative architectures with system performance estimates and pragmatic estimation of unknown parameters.
Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics technology development and product integration. Since announcing the world's first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology development, product offering, and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factor, higher speed and higher integration density , from 100G/400G/800G today, to multi-terabits solutions tomorrow. We are looking for great talents to accelerate our journey. So if you are interested in joining our leading organization, then we want to hear from you
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.... US Experienced Hire JR0141682 Santa Clara
Back to top