Pre-Silicon CPU Architecture Validation Manager
- Bangalore, India
- Job DescriptionJob Description
Determines, specifies and evaluates the viability of complex hardware features and structures and ensures that software and hardware designs interface correctly. Designs framework for particular functions. Defines, documents and tests processes for inclusion into technical platforms, subsystem specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Identifies, analyzes and resolves subsystem and/or SoC design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by significantly contributing to the architecture used across design families. Provides multilayered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.Job Description:
- IA Core post silicon validation engineers are responsible for core level validation of the leading CPU products of each new Intel Core product. To bring these features and new platforms to market a Core post Sil validation engineer needs to be expert in CPU post Si debug and validation, knowledge in test generators for core level validation, involved in tasks such as developing validation plans, "Powering on" the very first system built with Intel's latest & greatest CPU, validating product features and identifying and debugging all functional bugs. Our engineers have a great opportunity to enhance their skills in validation architecture & Design. In addition to various tools, languages and validation methodologies, engineers will develop expertise with Intel Architecture and Micro Architecture and will be deeply involved in the process of defining new Intel features.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be part of Intel Architecture Cores Group (C2DG) at Intel, Core IP development team is driving Intel's latest CPU's in the World's leading process technologies. As a "First Level Technical Manager", you will be managing and leading Post-silicon Core Level validation team. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Plans, provides resources and drive activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost.
• Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions.
• Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues.
• Plans and schedules daily tasks use judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
• Manages in a hands-on fashion and technically guides test plan development, tracks deliverables to ensure timely execution with high quality and networks with peers locally and across sites for beating commitments
• You must possess a Master's Degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with at least 9 or more years of experience in related field or a Bachelor's Degree with at least 11 years of experience.
• You should have been a manager for at least 2 years.
• Experience with CPU architecture and working cross-functionally with hardware and software teams for bring-up, validation, and debug of silicon.
• Familiarity with using prototyping platforms like Emulators or FPGAs.
• Familiarity with power and/or performance measurement of ASICs.
• Solid understanding of system and processor architecture, and the interaction of computer hardware with software.
• Set aggressive goals and meet/beat the commitments. Flexible enough to work in a dynamic environment and multitask seamlessly. Display ability to network and influence locally as well as across geographies.
Candidate should demonstrate excellent Self-motivation, communication, strong problem solving and teamwork skills.
- CAD and Methodology
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
IN JR0139724 Bangalore
Back to top