Power Distribution Electrical Engineer
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Provide projects and sustaining electrical engineering support at our facilities. Act as one of Intel's System Owner of the site's electrical distribution system.
Sustaining engineering responsibilities:
Act as one of Intel's System Owner of the site's electrical distribution system. Model the electrical power distribution system and track changes; Troubleshooting electrical system problems; conducting breaker coordination and arc flash studies; track electrical load and capacity; Deliver operational efficiency, maintenance, testing, and commissioning solutions; identify, qualify, and implement system upgrades; provide technical leadership to 3rd party support; respond to power outages and disturbances and lead the recovery effort; participate in cross site teams.
Some travel and occasional weekend engineering support will also be required.
Project engineering responsibilities:
- Review and approve all electrical
- Reviewing electrical design specifications, submittals, studies and drawings; possessing thorough knowledge of low & medium voltage electrical distribution systems including transformers, low voltage substations, generators, and UPS systems, ability to review and challenge cost estimates, budgets and ROI analysis.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues concurrently.
- Possess a good knowledge of the latest NEC codes with ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
Additional duties may include:
- Help maintain the facilities document control system by ensuring electrical as-built drawings are incorporated into the master CAD drawings.
- Ensure electrical system model is up to date and all construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals are received after project close out.
- Help maintain and organize the document control storage area for fast retrieval of information (drawings, specifications, manuals, etc.).
- Work closely with Project Engineers, contractors and engineers on project design and close out documentation.
- Coordinate and oversee work of external consultant's CAD support.
- Provide design and industrial engineering support on projects.
- Organize, set up and maintain a CAD/document control system.
What we offer
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation). We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience or a Master's degree with 3+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited university with emphasis on power systems or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the maintenance, design, and/or operation of electrical switchgear, transformers, VFD's, diesel generators, static/rotary UPS, and low voltage distribution equipment.
- 3+ years of experience in low and medium voltage electrical power system (35kV) maintenance, design, and/or operation. This includes electrical modeling, reviewing equipment drawings and submittals, troubleshooting electrical equipment issues, implementing protective device coordination studies, and load flow analysis.
- 3+ years of practical knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- 3+ years of experience communicating tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- 3+ months of experience leading and working in a project team environment.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0119145 Albuquerque
Back to top