Power Design Software Applications Engineer
The Intel Network & Custom Logic Group (NCLG) has been delivering industry-leading custom logic solutions to customers since inventing the world's first reprogrammable logic device in 1984. As a business unit within Intel, we will continue to apply Moore's Law to drive the future of field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology. To take advantage of the many opportunities in the future for FPGA's, NCLG is looking for an outstanding Design Software Applications Engineer to join our Customer Experience Group (CEG) team.
As an Applications Engineer in CEG, you will be responsible to support Intel FPGA solutions proactively to enable customers to quickly get their solutions to market. Additionally, you will interface directly with cross functional teams to quickly resolve complex technical issues to allow customers to meet the market demands. You will shape the direction of the product and drive customer feedback and use cases for continuous improvement.
The Design Software team of Application Engineers supports the tools, features, and use of our Quartus Prime Design Software. This software is the main tool for creating and testing all FPGA designs targeting Intel FPGAs. We are looking for an individual to own and support our suite of software used to calculate the power usage of an FPGA Design. Other roles and ownership may be based on an applicant's previous experience or interests but may include design methodology, design flows, and/or system debug.
Your specific role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Providing guidance from a customer and systems perspective to cross functional teams to create optimal solutions.
- Handling customer escalations to provide solutions to meet customer requirements and working directly with development teams to build improved solutions in the future.
- Providing product readiness feedback as an early user to cross functional teams and managing efforts to improve the product.
- Developing reference designs or sub components to align with key market strategies which provides the ability for customers to evaluate the technology while offering a starting point for their project.
- Authoring documentation and other applicable materials to explain products and solutions.
- Driving the strategy of new technology training for both internal and external audiences.
- Creating demos showcasing the capabilities of Intel PSG solutions.
Desired Experience & Competencies
- Experience leading customer engagements, applications engineering development
- Strong analytical problem solving, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated with ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with power analysis, power systems, and/or board design.
- Experience working with minimal supervision; establish and track quarterly objectives
- Excellent critical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Tolerance of ambiguity
- Proficient technical writing/presentation skills
- 2+ years of semiconductor experience in an area related to ASIC Design, FPGA Design, Board Design, IP Development, or Simulating chip designs.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related degree; Master's degree in related field is preferred.
Preferred (Additional) Qualifications
- 2+ years of semiconductor experience in FPGA Design
- Experience with FPGA Design Methodology and Software
- Experience with RTL design and/or Validation and/or Verification
- Customer-facing experience
- Experience in design debug, specifically active participation in full chip integration and platform power-on
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
CA Experienced Hire JR0119198 Toronto
Back to top