Power and Performance Engineer
- Folsom, CA
Graphics & Throughput Computing Hardware Engineering (GTCHE) is responsible for delivering industry-leading GPU (3D, media, compute, and display) hardware intellectual property (IP) blocks and system-on-chip (SoC) products for discrete graphics and throughput computing. We strive to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world-class engineering. We work closely with partners across Intel and do not let organizational boundaries get in the way of solving problems. We are looking for a Power and Performance Engineer to join our team. This team is focused exclusively on achieving and optimizing the Power and Performance of Discrete Graphics SOCs from concept to production.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate product design requirements for power and performance.
- Collaborate across architecture, hardware and software design, and post-silicon validation teams to ensure that power and performance targets are attained.
Behavioral traits we are looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership in driving execution across different functional team s.
- Possess strong teamwork, problem-solving and influencing skills along with abilities to work with different geographical locations.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and build a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global company in innovation and new technology, we champion a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve extraordinary results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
- We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
Minimum Skills and Experience that will get you noticed:
- A Masters in Computer/Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in SoC design. Including design optimization, performance and power modeling, power and thermal design.
In addition you should have 7+ years of experience with the following:
- Impactful design trade-offs for optimizing overall product power and performance.
- SoC and GPU architecture and design, including, SoC fabric and memory controller performance and bottleneck analysis.
- Memory controller optimization for bandwidth and latency for LPDDR, GDDR, HBM memory technologies.
- Performance modeling, analysis, and design including model to RTL correlation.
- Power modeling and analysis, including PowerArtist and PTPX simulations
- Experience leading small teams of contributors in solving complex design problems.
Preferred skills and experience that will make you stand out.
Experience in any of the following:
- GPU Graphics and Compute HW/SW algorithms.
- GPU performance analysis tools, workload profiling and analysis.
- Power delivery design and analysis at the card, package, and die level.
- Power management for SoC and Platform including ACPI states, Modern Standby.
- Physical design including PVT selection, VF curve, technology scaling, low power optimization, Dynamic capacitance reduction and optimization.
There are very few hardware design teams in the world that build these parallel GPU products that are re-shaping the computing and data center world. This is your opportunity to be in the center of the development of the next generation of these products! Are you excited, then we encourage you to apply.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0137412 Folsom
Back to top