- • Our team is responsible for Silicon level HW architectural validation and accountable to find design implementation bugs through post si system level validation
• As a Post Silicon Validation Engineer ( Server and Client Microprocessor Hardware), you are required to create, define and develop system validation environment & test suites optimized for a CPU or its subsystems like memory controller, Power management, PCIe, USB/TCSS, Serial IO, Graphics, media, audio and other modules of given complexity. Uses & applies emulation & platform-level tools & techniques to ensure functionality & performance as per spec.
• You are responsible for the development of test plans, execution of validation plans/ coverage, and debug of failures. Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on-die debug features.
• You are responsible in validating the functionality of new architectural features of next generation designs by developing test plans, tests content, coverage points or test tools.
• You are focal point among Architecture, Design, System software developers and Validation teams within Intel and across different sites.
- • Bachelor's/Master's in Hardware Engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science with minimum 7 years to 10 years (Domain Lead position) of related work experience.
• Candidate Must have high degree of Hardware architecture/ microarchitecture experience in CPU/SoC/Chipset/and one of the subsystems areas given below
• Strong knowledge and skills of Intel IA (IA32 architecture with uArch debug knowledge of Intel's Core and Uncore or equivalent architecture.)
• Solid understanding of one of the following domain Industry spec, associated technologies and architecture:
• Deep understanding of Graphics, media, Audio, Camera interface, imaging and printing , flash storage technology architecture and debug.
• Solid understanding of the Validation and Debug flows of a complex CPU Silicon:
• Knowledge on Validation/ Debug Flows and overall SOC Architecture.
• Pre-silicon Design / Validation knowledge is a value add.
• Good working knowledge in C++/Python SW programming for content development and scripting.
• Knowledge of Verilog/VHDL and EDA design tools and pre si validation methodology is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communications and experience working in a cross functional team environment are essential.
• Good Team Player.
• Processes strong problem solving, analytical and debug skills.
Inside this Business Group
The everyday contributions of the Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) team are essential to retaining/regaining Intel's product leadership. We validate, debug, and tune the newest designs and world-changing technologies that enrich the lives of every person on earth. We play a critical role in completing the PRQs of Intel products and in Intel's ability to deliver the annual technology platforms in our roadmap.
IN JR0145168 Bangalore Intel Validation Engineering