PnP Platform Architect
The Client Architecture & Innovation (CAI) group in Intel's Client Computing Group (CCG) is looking for a senior Power and Performance (PnP) Platform Architect to drive power and performance optimizations across various client devices. The candidate shall join the PnP Platform Architecture team and will be responsible to set PnP targets, requirements and perform systems level analysis for next generation platforms and reference designs ranging from PCs, Mobile Platforms to Smart Home Assistant and Virtual Reality solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
As a PnP Platform Architect, responsible to define architecture enhancements for PnP optimizations, analyze and innovate architecture concepts to delivery of platforms to our customers. The candidate shall perform a number of systems architecture functions including:
- Definition of PnP KPI targets for various workloads across different sub-systems for SOCs and platforms on client roadmap.
- Analysis of different options and systems level partitioning for power, performance, functionality and cost.
- Identify, coordinate and drive Tech Readiness (TR) efforts related to PnP requirements and architecture enhancements in various systems components - SOC, platform, Windows OS, device drivers and Firmware.
- Drive platform architecture functions including definition and system analysis of use cases, SOC IP features, disposition of bugs/issues, delivery of technical specs and PnP targets.
- Support all management reviews and customer design-win engagements related to PnP platform architecture.
- Hands-on usage for Power Analytics tools for PnP optimizations across various components of SOC and platform including different IP blocks, clocks, power domains, buses and interfaces.
The selected candidate shall possess the following skills and experience:
- Track record in driving system level power and performance optimizations for client devices including PCs, Laptops, 2 in 1s, Tablets and Smart Phones.
- Strong working knowledge of client reference designs with platform components selection and tradeoff analyses (use-cases, power delivery, thermal management, performance and power management).
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS, device drivers, power management firmware for client platforms and devices.
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct a workload to the hardware impacted and the compute time needed to complete the use case work flow.
- Experience in analyzing cross-domain system-level bugs/issues and ability to work with cross-domain teams in Software, IP, SoC and hardware design to drive PnP optimizations.
- Strong working knowledge of SOC design, different IP blocks including CPU, GPU, IPU, Fabrics, I/O, interfaces and interconnects.
- Knowledge of engineering processes, power and performance modeling tools, and forums such as War Room, PXT and ability to influence key decisions.
- Experience in delivering or making significant visible contributions in management forums and customer design win reviews.
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0105185 Bangalore
Back to top