The Technology Platform Manager within the Logic Technology Division (LTD) of Technology Manufacturing Group (TMG) is chartered to conduct Design Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) by leveraging domain experts across various areas of Technology Development, IP development, EDA tools & Product design internal to Intel and from external ecosystem to help LTD make the appropriate technical trade-offs and decisions, especially during the definition phase of the technology life-cycle, to ensure that what Intel builds and launches is competitive against the leading foundry offerings in a similar timeframe, for the appropriate market segments of interest.
In this role, you will be working with the world's leading technology experts on advanced technology pathfinding and definition.You will help shape the future of Intel and semiconductor industry as a whole.
The Technology Platform Manager plays a key role by bringing together a diverse set of domain experts to drive DTCO, competitive analysis and technology targeting to ensure that we're in a competitive position with respect to our offerings in a similar timeframe, for the same market segment of interest. The key focus is as follows:
- Lead n 1 and n 2 technology platform DTCOs with internal & external customers and partners.
- Lead cross functional team of experts to drive technical & business analysis of what "Best in class" technology architecture looks like.
- Lead technical program management frameworks to drive clear decision making by senior technical experts and executive management.
- Frame the program objectives, focuses and navigates effort to solve problems, removes roadblocks, manages risks, costs, schedules, drives recommendations to align senior management.
To focus on the key areas described above, the Technology Platform Manager's responsibilities include:
- Drives a team of broad domain experts that covers diverse technical areas such as devices, metal stacks, libraries, bit cells, memory compilers, analog components, EDA / APR and lithography so that they can actively participate in DTCO covering both breadth and depth.
- Works collaboratively with Competitive Analysis team to set the framework for what, how & why competition is making certain technical choices to inform our own decision making parameters.
- Drives early, regular and systematic analysis of technology platform requirements to ensure product, process & IP mix leads to competitive offerings. This is done by collaborating with cross functional experts across product, IP & process technology teams.
- Jointly with the Technology Platform Targeting Team, work towards setting a best in class targets for "n 1" and "n 2" technologies.
- Drives DTCO frameworks ranging from setting platform targets, PPA validation methodology, competitive analysis, external partner selection, platform definition criteria, DTCO program management, and others.
- Ensure the technical & management team is able to focus on the decision at hand by facilitating the right decision frame and the requisite data.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Materials Science or other related field of study
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in one or more of the following (having more than one will be preferred)
- Silicon process technology development
- Design rule development
- Foundational IP design
- APR implementation
- Silicon process technology development
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0151693 Hillsboro Technology and Manufacturing