Physical Design Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
For a 6 month internship, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Design and development of software and scripts using TCL, Perl, Python, and/or other script languages to assist, guide, and track the team's design execution
• Development and integration of CAD systems for the physical design team under our Linux design environment.
• Scheduling assignments independently into the right intermediate milestones according to multiple parameters and assumptions given project constraints
• Solving complex design process problems
• Master or PhD level student currently enrolled in Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Engineering (CE), or other engineering/applied sciences degree.
• Strong engineering problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to architect, design, and test software solutions that utilize and interface with multiple languages
• Experience with a few programming languages. Preference for TCL, Perl, and Python
• Solid understanding of basic electronic circuit functionality and behaviors (passive and active circuit structures)
• Good working knowledge of Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) and Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) component design principles
• Ability to work well in a team environment
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0135038 Phoenix
Back to top