PAE System Engineering ODM Engagement - System Validation Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
Are you passionate about computer graphics and disrupting the industry with your innovations? Working with leading engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture?
Do you love collaborating with diverse teams, customers, and design partners to help achieve best-in-class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then our IAGS organization has opportunities for you. In IAGS we deliver Intel's integrated and discrete GPUs, which include 3D graphics, multimedia/video, 4K+ display, and parallel computing technologies. Our Platform Architecture and Engineering (PAE) team drives the platform solutions for Intel's entry into market segments served by high performance discrete graphics processors and hardware. Successful entry into these markets requires partnerships and joint development with key ODM design partners.
The Discrete Graphics Platform Architecture and Engineering team is hiring multiple roles with diverse expertise in our TW office. As a member of this team we are looking for expertise in the area of System Validation Engineer.
The PAE ODM engagement team shall be responsible for proactive management of all aspects of the development of discrete graphics boards and systems with our ODM partners.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Working with internal and external architects, design teams, IP and Platform designers, validation engineers, project managers etc. You will be involved throughout the definition, design and validation of Intel Discrete Graphics card solutions and systems with our partners. In your technical engagement with our ODM partners you will be required to support product power on, validation and debug activities. You will participate in the validation planning and oversight of new systems and leading-edge discrete graphics product form factors. You will provide project and issue management support. You shall interact with the product marketing, SOC teams, and all platform teams that are integral to the launch of the products.
This is a key position within the Intel PAE organization. The successful candidate shall have demonstrated a successful track record of working with customers and design teams to advanced system products. Experience having worked directly with ODMs and/or customers is a key asset. The market segments served by discrete graphics are fast moving the successful candidate shall demonstrate a high level of comfort with change and change management.
• Good knowledge of discrete graphics architecture, graphics power electronics, voltage regulator, PC hardware, hardware design, and the complete software stack.
• With strong validation & debugging skills
• Experienced engineer with understanding of discrete graphics, PCI Express standard and/or OAM standard.
• Validation background in all aspects of card and system products: thermal, mechanical, power, electronic Knowledge on PCI Express standard, and Intel Graphics is also added advantage
• BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Science Engineering or related fields 6-12 years of relevant work experience in platform graphics development 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
• English and Mandarin, business fluent is required.
• Good project management skills is a strong asset.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work within a multicultural and global team based in multiple worldwide locations
• Familiar with scripting tools, PCB, system and/or thermal & mechanical design.
• Relevant knowledge in the development and applications of validation test plans and product certification are critical in this role.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to understand complex technical problems and Proven debug skills in system, platform, power, hardware and firmware.
• Motivated and willing to learn. Proven leadership skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Knowledge of Intel Client PC technologies including overall Intel x86 tech, integrate graphics, discrete graphics, PCIe SIG standard interface, platform power, clocking and timing, JEDEC Memory standard interface, USB IF standard interface, high speed I/O interface, Display standard interface and general SI/PI field.
• Advanced proficiency in reading and understanding specifications, data sheets and other technical documents.
• Advanced ability to write and analyze requirements and validation plans, functional specifications, design specifications, tech plans and documentation.
• Advanced proficiency with scripting and debug tools;
• Advanced Timing analysis and Signal Integrity simulations Advanced knowledge of analog and digital circuit theory and principles.
• Advanced understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor's offerings. Ability to solve problem, lead team and drive for results.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
TW JR0141664 Taipei
Back to top