Packaging R&D Engineer Intern
- Phoenix, AZ
The Thermal & Fluids Core Competency (TFCC) Lab at Intel has a graduate internship position opening to perform thermal characterizations of Intel packages, developing test plans, and post-processing the collected data.
- In this position, the candidate will be responsible for lab collaterals and tools required for testing units, record and analyze thermal-mechanical data, make calculations and estimates, and report their findings.
- As part of the job function, the intern will work in a team environment and interact with peers and also to define and implement lab experiments for feasibility and validation of newly developed engineering concepts.
- The candidate should have an advanced background in heat transfer and fluid dynamics.
This is an internship and compensation will be given accordingly based on candidate education level and internship duration.
You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Pursuing master's degree or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines and 3+ months of experience:
- Background or relevant experience in the areas of thermal, mechanical, fluids system development and validation
- National Instruments Data Acquisition (NI DAQ) systems and computer interfaces for performing thermal and flow tests in the lab
- Mechanical design tools (i.e., SolidWorks, Creo/ProE) and hands-on skills in on fabrication tools in the lab
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0129451 Phoenix
Back to top