Packaging R&D Engineer Graduate Intern
Microelectronic Packaging R&D Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor processes.
- Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature.
- Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assembly processes and/or equipment development, and applying novel concepts in ball attach technology solutions for next-generation CPUs and devices.
- You will also be helping develop innovative solutions to enable Intel's roadmap of future assembly packaging platform technologies. In this position, you will be developing processes to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Innovating, problem solving, developing, and continuously improving equipment and processes using experimental design and statistical methods.
- Process and equipment specification development, applying principles for design of experiments and data analysis, and planning and documentation of improvements through the white paper process.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Training production and process engineers for technology transfer to other factories worldwide for High Volume Manufacturing.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Proven technical leadership skills: leadership, strategic planning, coaching and development of a technical team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams in a highly matrix environment managing budgets, resources and timelines, as well as proven stakeholder management.
- Flexibility in changing priorities and responsibilities to support business needs. Tolerance for ambiguity in a fast paced, constantly changing product roadmap environment.
- Influencing, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-initiated, Action-Oriented with the ability to work independently.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Studying to obtain a master's degree or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Physics or Optical Engineering or Polymer Science & Engineering or related field.
- 6 months of experience in fundamental science and engineering concepts in development to create novel solutions, including knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE) principles.
Minimum 6 months of experience in:
- Technical innovation and deliver results for complex, time critical technical projects.
- Understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes and technology with technical and analytical skills.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0122480 Phoenix
Back to top