Packaging R&D Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
Assembly Test Technology Development Microelectronic Packaging R&D Engineers provide project management, package design and/or development towards next generation assembly of Intel's products, as well as transfer of the technology to the virtual factories.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assembly processes and/or equipment development, and applying novel and fundamental concepts in assembly technology solutions for next-generation Central Processing Unit's (CPUs) and devices.
- Help develop innovative solutions to enable Intel's roadmap of future assembly packaging platform technologies.
- Develop processes to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Innovating, problem-solving, developing, and continuously improving equipment and processes using experimental design and statistical methods.
- Process and equipment specification development, applying principles for design of experiments and data analysis, and planning and documentation of improvements through the white paper process.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge and problem-solving tools.
- Fundamental understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes and technology.
- Training production and process engineers for technology transfer to other factories worldwide for High Volume Manufacturing (HVM).
- Apply fundamental science and engineering concepts in development to create novel solutions
The candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits and/or skills:
- Technical leadership skills: leadership, strategic planning, coaching and development of a technical team.
- Willingness to successfully lead teams in a highly matrix environment managing budgets, resources and timelines, as well as proven stakeholder management.
- Flexibility in changing priorities and responsibilities to support business needs.
- Tolerance for ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly changing product roadmap environment.
- Influencing, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-initiated, action-oriented with the willingness to work independently.
- Sense of ownership; frequent floor presence and interaction with manufacturing personnel.
- Technical innovation and delivered results for complex, time-critical technical projects.
- Technical, analytical skills and problem-solving techniques.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Possess a PhD. degree with 1+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated Experience in Thermal Modeling of Elements used in Thermal Compression Bonding Process
- Demonstrated Experience researching Materials used in Subassembly and Collaterals for Thermal Compression Bonding Process
- Multiscale/Multi physics simulations of nanoscale energy transportation
- Simulation in Thermal Management
- Application of Machine Learning to Thermal Analysis and Simulations
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US College Grad JR0140168 Phoenix
Back to top