Package R&D Engineer Intern
Package Research and Development (R&D) Engineer Intern provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units.
- Responsible for assembly and substrate defect/process characterization and identifying key mechanisms that contribute to RC identification.
- Conduct hands on lab work, define data acquisition strategy and data analysis plan, and recommend corrective actions/fixes to internal customers.
- Other duties may include failure analysis, developing innovative techniques/approaches to accelerate failure identification and mechanism understanding.
- Provides consultation concerning packaging/assembly problems and improvements in the manufacturing process.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Be pursuing an master's degree in Materials Science or in any of the following majors: Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, or other applied engineering degree
3 months of related experience in some of the following areas:
- Analytical or microscopy technique.
- Electron microscopy,(SEM, TEM) analytical techniques (FTIR, Raman, XPS,TGA, DSC), EDS, TMW, AFM, XRD, Ellipsometry, mechanical tests and other package-level FA techniques.
- Prior experience in in LYA, yield, Failure Analysis (FA), electrical test, or Quality & Reliability (Q&R)
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0120056 Phoenix
Back to top