OTF Instructional Designer Studentship
- Phoenix, AZ
The Ocotillo Technology Fabrication (OTF) plant in Chandler, Arizona has a year-round studentship for students studying Instructional Design, Human Performance Technology ore related field and are interested in being an active player in Transforming Learning at Intel. The position is part-time (10-32 hours a week during the school year, up to 40 on breaks/summers) with flexible hours.
The right candidate will help design and develop learning and practicing experiences for technicians, engineers and supervisors at Intel's largest manufacturing site which generates a significant portion of its revenue producing the latest flagship microprocessors.
The goal is to redesign how learners acquire and retain knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner in the end users natural workflow using the latest technology, platforms and methodologies which may include:
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience's learning and development needs
- Stating instructional end goals and creating content that matches them
- Visualizing instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conducting instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Creating/editing supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, web based training, role plays, etc.)
- Deciding on the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintaining project documentation and course folders
- Analyzing existing instructional material
- Developing and designing online material and assessment tools
- Training end users to use online learning systems
- Troubleshooting technical problems via reported user issues
Excellent written and oral communication skills
The experience could be either internships, school work or courses.
Minimum Knowledge/Skillset includes:
- The candidate must be a full time student pursuing a Bachelor in Instructional design or related field.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Minimum 1 month of experience or coursework in:
- Instructional design and with instructional technology
- Learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning
- software (Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate) and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canvas) and ability to storyboard
- Assessment and evaluation methods
- Data analysis or coding/scripting in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must live within proximity of the work site (Intel Ocotillo site located in Chandler, AZ) as no relocation will be offered.
- Familiar with website design, video technology and editing Designing for adults
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0132400 Phoenix
Back to top