OpenBMC Firmware Engineer
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as an OpenBMC Firmware Engineer!
Join a team delivering OpenBMC, an open source server management solution for the modern data center powered by Intel Xeon servers. In this role, you will design, implement, improve and test Linux applications using the latest C technologies. You will develop secure software, firmware and RESTful web interfaces responsible for platform monitoring, remote access and virtual media. You will work with a team of high caliber firmware engineers interacting with and influencing server board designers, thermal experts, power management experts, storage experts and server architects. In this role you will gain invaluable experience helping you understand the inner workings of servers, and how clusters of servers are managed.
At Intel we value diversity, discipline, integrity and professionalism while delivering products with velocity to meet product timelines. The ideal candidate must demonstrate these values and the ability to work well in a diverse and cross geo team environment.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 4+ years of industry experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 3+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with development for RTOS or embedded Linux kernel (u-boot, device drivers, and multi-threaded applications).
- 3+ years of experience using C++ and C programming skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:-
- 3+ years of experience in networking - TCP/IP, NIC. PHY, RMCP.
- 1+ years of experience using modern C++11 or newer, with a preference for C++17 experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux Open source - upstreaming and maintaining open source repositories.
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following protocols: Redfish, IPMI, IPMB, I2C, KCS, RGMII
- 1+ years of experience and familiarity with servers and Intel architecture for servers.
- 1+ years of experience in developing security conscious firmware, source code and threat models.
- 1+ years of demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of multitasking, event driven real time firmware using C and understanding of RTOS concepts including task switching, deadlocks, and resource management issues.
- 1+ years of experience and knowledge of IA architecture and EFI BIOS.
- 1+ years of experience and knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and experience in solving complicated network issue.
- 1+ years of experience programming for ARM processors.
- 6 months of experience with OpenBMC.
This is an Intel Federal Position: This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements. The government may require that you certify your citizenship status.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, the government may require you to pass a security check before you can be approved to work on the project. Please note that any offer by Intel for this position is conditioned upon meeting and/or passing the U.S. Government's security check requirements should the government impose these requirement
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0116004 Hillsboro
Back to top