Open Source Software Development Intern
- Gdańsk, Poland
J oin Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
The Data Platforms Group at Intel is at the heart of our transformation from a PC company to a company powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices.
Data center technologies created in Gdańsk, Poland are being applied in wide range of products that are used in virtually every computing center that exists in the world, as well as integrated into products and services offered by Intel's direct customers.
Our Network Platforms Group at Intel is looking for a person to work on an open source software project (SPDK, Storage Performance Development Kit, see spdk.io for more details) in the area of modern storage acceleration solutions. We are looking for a passionate and creative students with a desire to develop new software features, tests and continuous integration systems in close co-operation with our rapidly growing SPDK community. Work or educational experience with Linux environment (including virtualization) plus strong C, bash and Python skills would make such student a perfect candidate.
Student of preferably Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. No professional experience required but would be a virtue.
Important for us:
- Experience with Linux operating system, C programming language, bash and Python
- Experience with software engineering tools like Git and Gerrit
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Educational knowledge of structural and object oriented programming
- Good English skills for verbal communication and technical documentation review
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. KVM, QEMU, Libvirt, XEN) and cloud technology
- Familiarity with Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies as well as Test Driven Development and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing environment (OpenStack) would be a benefit
- Good team work and cooperation
Bonus points for:
- Analytic thinking, problem solving skills and willingness to learn
We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on Earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results. We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
- Great opportunity to work together with the Team at Intel's comfortable office in Gdańsk with a possibility to work from home from time to time
- Constant opportunities to develop your professional career through technical and soft skills trainings, taking part in innovation projects or rotational programs
- Being a part of creative and experienced Multicultural and diverse Team with unique skills on cross-technology
- Flexible working hours
- Well-equipped campus with a free parking lot and shuttle bus
- Integration events because to spend time together is very important for us and we know how important it is for a good collaboration
- Amazing Benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable: Stock Program, Annual and Quarterly Bonuses, Medical and life insurance, Multisport Card / Holiday card, Groups of enthusiasts, Ticket restaurant card, Exclusive employee discounts, Family events and many more - Anna ( email@example.com ) from Talent Acquisition Team will share with you all details during the interview
Learn more about Intel in Poland: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/locations/poland.html and apply!
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
PL Intern JR0128544 Gdansk
Back to top