Intel plays a key role in any data-centric initiative in the world, providing technologies that enable our customers to innovate and compete, effectively changing the world. As an Offensive Security Researcher at Intel, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary security research projects using your research expertise. The ideal candidate is able to understand requirements and problems with little information, figure out potential research paths, and deal with adversity (steep ramp-up, non-existent/completely-different toolset). An ideal candidate is also comfortable talking to executives to share results and findings (and drive decisions) and is comfortable with discussing priorities and tasks with other security researchers.
Intel Security Research is involved in projects of various size and scope, and we are looking for an individual whose technical and leadership expertise will help us identify future research opportunities, increase impact of key learnings generated by the team, improve processes, and drive the technical direction of our programs, helping us influence Intel's security directions. Team engagements involve long-term objectives, a differentiated vision, and efficient handling of short-term crises. Directing all the expertise and converting it in a digestible mechanism for different parts of Intel requires a passion for interacting with security researchers and driving changes in a large organization that ultimately affects the entire world.
The individual should have ample knowledge and love for information security, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to be organized and detail-oriented, to work in a team in which technical excellence is the primary requirement.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading or taking an active role in complex, multidisciplinary security research projects.
- Commands deep pervasive pulse on Intel business/technologies and emerging threat landscape in hacker community to prioritize offensive security research focus.
- Ability to navigate around ambiguities and obstacles to independently solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated expertise in vulnerability discovery, analysis and exploitation.
- Explores and invents software and hardware techniques as a method of attack against compute targets.
- Develops proof of concepts to characterize exploitability and impacts.
- Recommends systemic mitigations and demonstrates their robustness across a diverse portfolio of products.
- Leads automation pathfinding to improve security assurance capabilities of product teams.
- Shares expert insights and new learning and contributes intellectual property to internal and external communities.
- Requires knowledge of computer architecture, SoC development & manufacturing processes/methodologies, CPU design, SoC layout, chipset functionality, FW & HW security, crypto, and other x86 compute paradigms.
- Demonstrates effective communication with executives and productive collaboration with peer researchers.
- Ability to work autonomously in a less structured startup type environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to span security expertise over HW, SW and Firmware domains.
- Passion for security research and community impact, demonstrated by published research and collaboration to community efforts.
- Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for an Offensive Security Researcher position and that this position may not be available at this time.
Inside this Business Group
The Design Engineering Group is a worldwide team responsible for the design, development, validation, and manufacturing of IPs and SOCs. Our mission is to deliver leadership products through groundbreaking innovations.
Israel, Jerusalem; Israel, Petah-Tikva;
IL Experienced Hire JR0158465 Haifa Design Engineering Group