NSG Construction Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
The QA/QC manager will provide oversight to Intel's direct contracted 3rd party inspection firms (architectural, mechanical, electrical, and process). The responsibilities will include review and execution of CM, trade and Intel QAP, response to or documentation of quality issue notifications to CM, trade and Intel team, ensuring onsite work conforms to drawings, codes, and specifications, improving the quality of construction through our 3rd party, CM, or trade contract, and owning oversight of all third-party contracts.
- Ensure CM, third parties and subcontractors perform to quality assurance plans (checklist, indicator, NCR)
- Ensure CM and trades are meeting contracted metrics
- Establish all necessary 3rd party contracts by getting them under contract, ensuring that they are sufficiently funded, and ensure that they have the necessary resources to support the program.
- Ensure 3rd Party is performing work to contracted Scope of Work (SOW) (individual certifications, fab shop audits etc.)
- Ensure 3rd Party is performing to budget and is not incurring unnecessary charges
- Review 3rd parties Time cards (periodically)
- Review 3rd Party monthly billing in Tracker
- Read and improve what Intel requests in the quality section of the contract. Assist in RFP process. Understand contract language and insure CM and or third parties are working to it.
- Read and improve third party SOW's as needed
- Quality management by walking around - Onsite walks to ensure inspectors, CM and subcontractors are performing to spec or contracted documents.
- Attend QIA (quality incident analysis) when needed and facilitate tool install AAR's
- Work/Develop cost reduction efficiencies with trades and project teams and stakeholders
- Proactive in mitigating issues before they occur.
- Quarterly assessment of CM, third party and trade quality program with identifying issues to be corrected as they occur
- Meet with 3rd party teams based on frequency of quality issues and as administration of program dictates.
- Meet with the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) as issues arise or at a minimum of every month to get feedback and address any issues they may have. Build and maintain strong relationship with AHJ.
- Ensure quality inspections by either 3rd party or AHJ are robust and are being entered appropriately by the CM and third parties into a tracking mechanism and indicators are generated and reviewed at a minimum of every month.
- Able to understand co-employment and conflict of interest rules when dealing with CM/Trades, AHJ and Third parties.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience in Quality, construction or related technical discipline
- 5 to 10 years of Construction experience in field engineering, CM, or QA/QC
- Strong content knowledge in construction testing and standards
- Project management skills & leadership ability to manage multiple firms
- Strong Process/Mech background.
- Must speak English. Ability to speak Mandarin a plus
Other requirements and preferences:
- Strong knowledge with Intel specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Excel, Power point, Word
- Excellent communicator and ability to write presentations and technical documents
- Able to work in an environment that can sometimes be confrontational
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to lead teams and projects with minimal supervision
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with all project stakeholders
- Able to drive project deliverables
- Ability to work with varied individuals and disciplines within Intel, CM third parties and contractors
- Demonstrated ability to drive and document issues to closure
Job is located in New Mexico, USA but support of Dalian, China may be required.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0119525 Albuquerque
Back to top