Network Segment Architect from Platform Solution Architect/PE, SDN and Routing.
- Santa Clara, CA
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified technical candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Network Segment Architect! We're part of Intel's Network Platform Group under Data Platform Group focused on optimizing & delivering innovations for enabling network functions to run best on Intel Architecture.
This role is focused on defining the architecture for enabling Software Defined Networking for hybrid/multi-cloud networks. It would encompass Layer 2-4 network applications as well network analytics.
The candidate will work very closely with the business team to define the platform strategy through the 5 year horizon with a plan on maximizing our impact within current solutions as well as innovative solutions in this space. You will have a key role in defining the solution architecture for enabling the network transformation ie., as we move from an era of physical appliances and "old" IP networks to virtual appliances and the "new" IP networks within a Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) paradigm.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Technical expert on software defined networking for hybrid/multi-cloud deployments
- Mapping network solutions to various platform ingredients (software, various NICs etc) based on performance, deployment/trust model(s) etc
- Engage directly with technology savvy end Enterprise & Cloud customers as well as working with ISV partners to ultimately deliver a strong Intel based solution utilizing Intel's ingredient assets such as IA processors, NICs, chipset / acceleration, I/O, switch / vSwitch, virtualization, platform QoS, DPDK, QAT and other acceleration technologies to deliver optimum experience.
- Help define and influence Intel's future product solution roadmap which would platform, silicon and software technology ingredients
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Strong grasp of network functions (next gen firewall, load balancer, VPN, Router etc) and various architectures & trends that impact solutions
- Awareness of IETF, industry standards, trends etc relating to network security (IPSec, TLS, QUIC etc), network virtualization (Geneve etc) and Intel platform ingredients (CPU, NIC, Switch, Accelerators etc)
- Hands-on expertise in architecting or developing/deploying hardware or software ingredients for network applications will be an added asset
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow for tremendous technical growth. It will also provide expanded opportunities to influence not only Intel's architectures and strategies within this business group but also enable Intel customers in their journey of software defined networking.
The Data Platform Group (DPG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Principal Engineers at Intel are active technical leaders inside and outside the company. Activities include participation in major industry and academic conferences, voting membership in international standards committees, generation of patents and technical papers. Note This job code can only be assigned if an employee has participated in an official Technical Leadership Program (TLp) nomination process for his/her business group. An employee's manager must confirm participation in TLp nomination process prior to job code assignment.
- Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Networking or related field and plus 9 years of industry work experience, Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Networking or related field plus 6 years of industry experience, PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Networking or related field plus 4 years related experience
- 5 or more years in networking experience in Enterprise IT or Cloud environment with hardware, software, system level engineering or architecture or
- 5 or more years of experience developing network architecture, technical strategy and/or customer/ecosystem engagement
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 or more years of experience with developing and/or deploying network security and application delivery for Enterprise / Cloud customers
- 10 or more years of experience in the data center, networking, and/or telecommunications industries either in silicon, software or deployment
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.... US Experienced Hire JR0126429 Santa Clara
Back to top