- Hillsboro, OR
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Oversee definition, design, verification, and documentation for x86 CPU microcode development
- Determine architecture design, logic design, and system simulation
- Define module interfaces/formats for simulation
- Contribute to the development of multidimensional designs - gather and analyze requirements, develop algorithms, create technical documents for communication and design review, establish microcode development plans, write microcode and debug microcode for functionality and performance requirements
- Support architecture, logic design, and validation to achieve their development goals
- Support microcode through tape-out and production
The ideal candidate will also have excellent communication skills and the willingness to work in a fast-paced and innovative team environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Candidate must possess a Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 2+ years of experience in:
- Computer architecture and CPU microarchitecture
- Assembly language and programming
- C, C++, and Perl programming
- Software debugging
2+ years of experience in:
- Computer and microarchitectural security
- RTL or microcode development or x86 CPU validation
- Platform/SoC architecture development, design, or validation
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US College Grad JR0141975 Hillsboro
Back to top