Microcode Architect (Microarchitecture)
- Hillsboro, OR
The world is transforming - and so is Intel! Here at Intel, we believe the world needs technology that can enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
The Advanced Architecture Development Group (AADG) is a CPU Core development team in Portland, Oregon. If you are excited about advanced development of breakthrough technologies for future-generation CPU cores, please join us. We believe that developing these technologies takes a team of exceptionally talented individuals who work together to visualize, innovate, and make the future of computing possible. Join us to do something wonderful!
Role Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for x86 CPU microcode development which uses internal ops to implement x86 ISA
- Makes high level design choices for the microcode structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms
- Performs pathfinding and surveys technologies
- Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation
- Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation
- Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs - gathers and analyzes requirements, defines microcode-hardware interfaces, enhances and extends x86 instruction-set-architecture (ISA), develops algorithms, creates technical documents for communication and design review, establishes microcode development plans, writes microcode and debugs microcode for functionality and performance requirements
- Coordinates with architecture, logic design, and validation for the project to achieve development goals and timelines
- Drives the development of advanced ISA features. Supports microcode through tape-out and production
MS or PhD in CS, EECS, ECE, or related computing discipline with minimum 5+ years' experience in the following high-performance, super-scalar CPU microarchitecture and microcode development experience:
- Deep understanding of CPU design and micro-architecture
- Have extended experience to program at bare-metal or low-level using machine level or assembly languages
- Five years of industrial x86 microcode development experience
- Possess expert-level knowledge in modern x86 ISA, core and SoC micro-architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently on interdependent aspects of projects (arch, uarch, design, SW, validation)
- Security feature microarchitecture experience
- Computer System BIOS development experience
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0150643 Hillsboro Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software
Back to top