Math Algorithm Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR
The Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) team is looking for an experienced math algorithm development engineer to work in the exciting areas of sparse linear algebra, Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT) and linear algebra based Graph analytics. In this role, you will work on development and maintenance of global Intel MKL library solutions portable across various operating systems and hardware as well as the development of new features and algorithms optimized for Intel. You will develop software libraries of mathematical algorithms highly optimized for underlying hardware architectures; Design, develop, optimize, debug, test, and maintain complex software for mathematical, scientific, engineering and artificial intelligence applications, as well as related system software, software development tools, test tools, applications, drivers, and user interfaces. You may work directly with hardware design teams to influence architectures and companies and communities developing mathematical, scientific, and engineering applications or software tools supporting these. Additionally, you may work directly with customers to help them optimize MKL software usage and understanding their needs. This role, requires programming proficiency in several languages, strong knowledge of computer architecture and a solid mathematical background.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Bachelor's with 6+ years' experience, Master's with 4+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years' experience and degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience with performance computing languages for CPU and/or GPU, like C/ Fortran/ C++ and SYCL/OpenCL
- 2+ years of experience leading design of software architecture and implementation in large projects
- A demonstrated record (2+ years) of extensive application to complex software projects in the following technical areas:
- computer architecture specific optimizations, like intrinsics, Assembly, cache usage, vectorization, etc.
- parallel programming technologies, such as OpenMP, TBB or MPI
- numerical analysis / HPC computing/ scientific computing
At the bachelor's level, This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- GPU optimizations
- Mathematics/ numerical analysis preferably Fast Fourier Transforms or numerical sparse linear algebra.
- Gathering and applying innovative techniques to software development
- Applying business driven strategies to influence direction of product vision
- Experience working directly with customers
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, New Jersey, Multiple Cities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0140114 Hillsboro
Back to top