Manufacturing Science Technologist
- Chengdu, China
- "Manufacturability" is crucial to a high mix high volume factory success to deliver quality products at right time with right cost. The concept of "High Volume Manufacturing" is to shift our operation from a manual/experience-based production execution to one that is scientific and systems-based, with a set of standard methods/operational policy established, tool/system developed through extensive use of data analytics and LEAN applied with good understanding of resource planning/allocation, equipment, material, process flow and interactions among those areas; systemic thinking to identify opportunities to meet/exceed factory operation goals (safety, quality, delivery, cost, and cycle time) and maximize operation efficiency through variation reduction or other LEAN methods.
- This role requires a deep understanding of factory physics and LEAN techniques with capability to apply various engineering concepts to improve manufacturing efficiency . Data analysis skills and/or equipment/process-related knowledge is a plus; this job is performed with a hands-on approach with significant time spent in the factory environment.
- Must have familiarity with factory physics and/or LEAN techniques and applied to demonstrate a track-record of success
- Must have a Bachelor/MS in Manufacturing Eng, IE or related Engineering, and at least 10 years Assembly & Test or semiconductor processing experience
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in working in a high-performing team culture which includes: excellent teamwork and leadership skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem-solving and the ability to prioritize work in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong data analysis skills and solid understanding of applied LEAN methodologies like TPM, Kaizen and Agile/SCRUM
- Ability to understand how to effectively communicate at multiple levels of development from floor technicians to senior managers, while deeply appreciating the dynamic conditions faced.
- Must be seen as a domain expert and have proven ability for critical thinking and second-order questions that lead to impactful solutions.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
CN JR0143045 Chengdu
Back to top