Are you passionate about data centers and how they are managed? Have you worked on some of the firmware that runs on servers in the Cloud? In this role you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of manageability on Intel's server platforms and in the industry. As data centers become bigger, more complex and need more flexibility, the need for scalable, secure, common and open manageability is higher than ever.
As a manageability architect you will have a chance to define/influence the next generation of manageability for Intel servers. You will work on OpenBMC - a Linux based open source solution for manageability of Datacenters. You will work closely with other platform technology architects, utilize your IA platform knowledge and drive the usage models that utilize Intel technologies. You will work with the Cloud and enterprise customers and develop solutions that solve their most important problems and improve the TCO for datacenters.
You will work with a world class firmware team and will influence other platform ingredients to ensure a common and secure manageability story for Intel platforms. You will also participate in industry discussions defining the direction of OpenBMC at architecture, design and implementation levels.
- Define next generation manageability framework for Intel server platforms, taking a holistic platform view
- Provide architectural leadership to the BMC (Baseboard management controller) firmware team.
- Contribute to Product Requirement Documents creation detailing requirements, identifying components, allocating requirements
- Drive Software Architecture Specification and documentation across product lines
- Support Platform Execution with Architecture support to resolve opens and issues as they arise.
- Work with other server ingredients and functions and influence their direction WRT server management plans
- Analyze industry direction and trends, incorporate learnings and influence their plans
- Participate in IP disclosures and patent generation efforts
- Work with Open source community, industry players and customers
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering with 9+ years of experience or , Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering with 6+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience in Server Management Firmware with experience in C/C++
- 6+ years of experience in Embedded Linux
- 3+ years of experience in Security for embedded architectures
- 3+ years of experience in Linux Networking
- 6+ years of experience in Real-time systems
- 6+ years of experience in Intel Architecture
- 6+ years of experience in IPMI, Redfish, MCTP, PLDM, SMBus, PECI, Sensors, PSU management, Thermal management
- 2+ years of experience in contributions to industry standards committees
- 2+ years of experience in Datacenter Operations
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0122628 Hillsboro
Back to top