Java Application Development Engineer
As a Software Engineer within the Design Creation and Debug group, you can expect to work on Intel's System-on-Chip integration tool, Platform Designer, PSG's FPGA Debug Environment Tools such as SignalTap and System Console, and Eclipse-based Nios II Embedded Software Development Suite. The goal of this team is to make implementing powerful embedded hardware systems a straightforward and enjoyable task from design creation through debugging and performance optimization. The team is responsible for the full stack of these tools GUI, model and OS specific device drivers.
We have the fortune of interacting in the highly dynamic space in between programmable hardware and embedded software; designing tools and infrastructure to empower design engineers in both realms.
As a Software Engineer in this position, you will need to be an excellent Java programmer with specific experience and interest in creating Java desktop applications. Some larger projects we're undertaking include:
Inventing better ways to visualize and interact with complex hardware systems
Improving our Eclipse-based Software Development IDE
Enabling precise system interconnect manipulation and automatic optimization
Tightly integrating our tool with others in Intel's Design Suite
Our work varies from user experience to software architecture with plenty of opportunity to play anywhere in-between. We've assembled an energetic team of quality people and are looking for a couple more experienced programmers to help with the effort.
The software engineer will have a direct influence on our customers and the adoption of our products, with tasks including the following:
• Work closely with developers across software and embedded engineering to ensure we develop design flows that meet our customers' needs
• Guide software release content, and serve as a liaison with the support, field, marketing, and product planning organizations
• Research, define, and validate key customer use cases and design flows
• Use Intel FPGA design tools like our customers to identify usability and productivity problems or missing features
• Utilize the Platform Designer system design tool and accompanying software toolchain for Intel's Nios II soft processor and ARM-based SoC solutions
- BS degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 5 years of experience developing Java based desktop applications especially IDEs or CAD tools
- 5 years of experience with Tcl, Perl, and/or Python scripting skills
- 5 years of experience with multithreaded software applications
- Familiarity with C++
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0116806 San Jose
Back to top